Description

Mi's oft geeky sewing blog

Friday, June 6, 2014

Even More Bags!


Actually, it’s not really more bags, these are both older but I forgot to post them!

IMG_4617

So here’s the 2nd lunch bag I made, that I talked about when posting the 3rd lunch bag.

As well as that Batman Tote I mentioned a bit ago...



Let’s do Batman first, because, Batman!

IMG_4650

This was made out of a comic con bag from 2011 this one if you want to see it pre-cut up. I used the logo portion of this bag earlier, on a messenger bag for my brother.

IMG_4642

Everytime I take pictures Pippin gets all curious, but she doesn’t stay curious long enough for me to take something cute XD

IMG_4644

This might be my favourite feature (which horrified my little brother, but what does he know). I got that pin as a freebie at Wonder Con this year.

IMG_4645

See? So blurry cat why don’t you sit still D:
Anyway, the back. It’s fairly uninteresting, but does say Arkham Asylum, so that’s something.
I took a pic of the inside, which has pockets and such, but I forgot to clip threads so you’ll just have to imagine 8D;;
Hurrah for using up more scrap though! The sides and handles are a heavy canvas twill leftover from my TVM Master costume, I can’t remember what the grey (which is on the inside, so you can’t see it anyway) is from, but something quite old I’m sure.

IMG_4608

Anyway, so this is the 2nd lunch bag I did. I’m only including this pic because my sock is awesome.

IMG_4618

This is the inside comparison, I took a pic since I rambled on about it so much last time. Anyway I made these two in the same way, but decided I like how the cover looks tacked down (for all those times you stare directly down at your bag…) so for the purple one I did the stitching over the cover instead of under.

IMG_4613

See? Under the cover.

IMG_4614

And that yellow stitching corresponds with this yellow stitching.

IMG_4616

Soooo, three bags later (I gave this one to my gramma), I think that the rim pieces should maybe be interfaced on the lining pieces too, and I need to set my handles in a little more because I don’t like the way they flop a bit (... for all the times it’s just sitting there being looked at…).

I have a small pile of tutorials and patterns to try, so there will be some variation soon 8D But I do have two more of this style in mind, as I have been reliably informed a friend loves owls, and I have enough of the owl fabric left, and I recently got a lovely bunch of purple themed quilt scraps for a purple loving friend.

I’m really trying to make at least SOMETHING every week, so hopefully I’ll remember to take pics as well 8D

No comments:

Post a Comment