Description

Mi's oft geeky sewing blog

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Regency wearing in Bath

End of the day! So after I dropped my gramma off back at the hotel, she was done walking for the day, I changed into my Regency!
I rushed into putting it on, because back at the Assembly Rooms, the ticket was good for one admission, but I talked to the front desk and explained I’d brought this dress could I pleeeease come back? And she said okay. And they close at 5, and it was nearing 4.

WELL. Actually the last admission is at 4, and they’d closed and locked the doors, from the outside, already!
So I wasn’t able to get any pics in the actual assembly room. Which was disappointing, but then I also realized I had no one to take the picture anyway.

So then my sister and I met at our prearranged meeting spot at 5 and headed to the Royal Crescent for pictures!

IMG_0915

I thought this dress would cover my shoes, whoops!

More pics!


IMG_0913

Even though E didn’t have a costume, she was really excited to be there too!

IMG_0917

I mean omg, HOW COOL IS THIS?

IMG_0923

This signage looks original!

IMG_0925

We ran into this lady who turned out to be from Berkeley, CA (that’s super near me, for those who don’t know), and she took a pic of us together.

IMG_0924

She was very nice but then made some odd comment asking if we coordinated on purple, my blue dress and her blue hair. And we were confused. Do people do that?

IMG_0926

Loooook, people actually live here!

IMG_0929

Look at this couple, totally whatevs about people in costume taking pics. It probably happens a lot!

IMG_0931

Augh this wig. I bought it because I felt I needed a wig for wearing in Bath, as you can see from the other pics my hair was like 1.5 inches long and that weird bleached yellow 8D;; So I chose this one because I knew their shipping was super reliable and it’d come in time. But I’m not very happy with it, and I don’t think I did a good job of pinning it up here :/
So… I’ll have to go back and do it again 8D

IMG_0938

But basically, I was really just excited to be there!

IMG_0941

And so was E!

IMG_0942

I think this was a hotel? In the middle pretty much, I want to stay there.

IMG_0945

This is the view if you stand in the center and turn around.

IMG_0948

Waiting for Wentworth!

IMG_0954

E being Vana 8D

IMG_0961

Very cool!

IMG_0962

Then we walked down and went on this ladies’ walking path 8D

IMG_0967

At this point I was FREEZING. But still really all ^__________^ about being there.

IMG_0970

After that we tried to take a few more pictures in this garden like area, but between the cold and the fading light they aren’t worth posting.

So we went back to the hotel, I changed, and we went down to have dinner.
Dinner was a mess, but this is a happy post, so I’ll just reiterate: DON’T STAY AT HILTON BATH.

But yay Regency!

No comments:

Post a Comment