Description

Mi's oft geeky sewing blog

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Victoria & Albert Museum

More posts from earlier travels~

My friend who I was staying with had exciting per-existing Gilbert and Sullivan plans, so we bussed in to the area and I went to the V&A yaaay.






I think I took this on the way there. Because it screams Why yes, I am in England.




I was quite taken with this statue of Eve.

But we all know why I was reeeeeally there right?



LOOK AT THAT LACE, IS IT NOT BEAUTIFUL?



AND THIS WAISTCOAT. 17th century I believe, I have a pic of the label somewhere.



I WANT TO DRESS LIKE THIS ALWAYS.

Sorry for the capslock. NO. NO I'M NOT. TEXT CANNOT CONVEY HOW EXCITED I WAS/AM.

But I'll dial it back.



Do you see that sleeve detail? Gorgeous.



I reeeeally liked the skirt of this outfit, but with the poor lighting and my shaky hands it was hard to get a good pic. Also, around this point my camera died. And I'd neglected to bring extra with me. So I took pics on my mobile for a bit, I didn't want to leave. I wanted to soak up every last bit of amazingness. But I did finally run out and find a local mini mart type thing and grabbed some batteries and rushed back.



I used to find this period fairly ugly for women's wear, but I've been watching a lot of dramas of that era lately and there's some I really adore (particularly this stripey dress seen in everything).



60s! Not a fan of orange at all, but I was really pleased with how accurate, style line wise, my 60s TARDIS dress was.



Hobo chic of the 70s.



Lookit all that wooooork



Loved this ensemble but most of my pics were blurry of it ;_;



Sleeve puffers 8D

Then I think maybe aralias came back and we wandered? Or maybe I'm out of order and this was before we parted ways. Because I can't imagine why I would have left the clothing section independently.



Part of a tomb~ so fancy and also I like Arabic sooo.



This is a hat.
OF DEATH.
Seriously. Blades. For killing.



This this was amazing! If you wound it up, it would move and the tiger would eat the British soldier. I found it hilarious. Also very pretty.



Japanese porcelain bowl. I want it.



In between sections there was this big wide space that was where they had things in storage, or being worked on, or something like that. He looks so disapproving.



There was a theatre section! Which I hadn't realized, and aralias took me and eee more beautiful costumes.
That's Scar from The Lion King.



Adam Ant.



The Producers.

We were in that section until they turned the lights off on us. Then we had food and parted ways. I bussed back aaaand had an adventure! I was supposed to get whipping cream and strawberries, well they didn't have either at the Tesco by the museum.
So I asked the flatmates and they thought... Quick Mart? Whatever it's called, they thought that might have it. So basically, I went out and walked and went into every mini mart type place until I found some (four in total if I remember correctly). It was all very exciting, since walking around and poking my head in places is one of my favourite things to do when traveling.

Mission accomplished I went back and organized my backpack while watching Miranda (which I'd never heard of before) until Katy got back from the show. Then she made me... Eton's Mess? I think is what it's called? Whip the whipping cream, cut up the strawberries, pulverize the Very Large Meringue, and yay dessert! It was delicious :D

And thus ends Sunday! My last full day in England D:

No comments:

Post a Comment