Description

Mi's oft geeky sewing blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Random Mobile Photos - March

More mobile and tablet photos!



In date order, here is the beginning of me starting some seedlings. I did this March 11th.

Awww, all lined up they're so cute 8D

For Pi day of course!
A no-fail recipe my mum picked up somewhere, turned out nicely! If I find it I'll link it.

More adventures in cooking!
D sent me this recipe by The Pioneer Woman to try with the black beans I'd picked up. I did an overnight soak instead of the quick soak she mentions, and I put my crockpot on low all day while I was at work. Also I put carrots in instead of bellpeppers. Turned out delicious!

Came home after a weekend with my grandparents and... sprouts! I'm so excited!

Roses from my garden :D
These roses were already there, and I'm nooooot totally sure how I feel about the purple one. I always feel like purple roses are fake. Also it blows out pretty quickly. So we'll see if that one stays. I don't really have time to replace it anytime soon anyway though 8D

Rug!
This came in just yesterday!
I'm going to stitch it to a towel and use it as a bath mat.

Mmm what else...
I've had the worst hankering to rewatch Life on Mars lately, but one I seem to have loaned out my season one set and don't know to whom, and two even if I had it it's region two and I don't have a region free dvd player anymore. Oh and three, even if it were region one, I don't even have a laptop at the moment so yeah.

Wishful thinking led me to browse Netflix, alas.
Saddened, I decided to just look up John Simm. I watched the mini series "Exile," it was a wonderfully directed and beautifully acted melodrama. Also it felt weirdly like a prequel to "State of Play," in that basically he's the same character.
So theeeen I looked up Philip Glentister and burned through "Island at War."
I LOVED IT.
Plus it fit perfectly into the 1940s kick I've been on! (but didn't quite fill the hole "Bomb Girls" left behind ;_;)
Makes me want to research All The Things.
Now my sewing/homework viewing is back to "Foyle's War."

... but I still want to watch Life on Mars.

No comments:

Post a Comment