Description

Mi's oft geeky sewing blog

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Wedding Dress Progress

Okay! So I checked the fit on D, and confirmed yes, I had added 5/8" twice. Better than not adding at all right?
But!
Then we had to refit some things! Minor, 1/8" here and there. But whyyyy.
We did three mockups. Three. I don't understand.
But after being confused, you just have to roll with it!

I trimmed up all the little pieces, and onward!



The adjustments I made to the pattern are in pink, except that cross at the bottom of the middle piece, I did it backwards at first >.>
And then I went back to finishing the bodice.


Prepping my rigilene!

After I ironed it I dumped a heavy book on it to flatten it out.
I got my rigilene from Zipperstop on etsy, I've never actually used rigilene before but it was used on the original dress so I did some research and determined it was just as good as poly boning and possibly better, so I wouldn't be out anything by trying it.
I loooooove it!
It's tiny rods of plastic woven together, so it will lay more flat than poly boning and will move with you. It also curves better and is sewable!


SO NICE.
I sewed it to the seam allowances for the shell.


Shell all done!
I ironed more and trimmed after that.

The other thing we did while I had her was pinned a bunch of muslin on her while she was wearing the bodice, to create the illusion neckline.

It's a little hard to see here, but I traced off each side of the pattern and then split the difference with the pink line.
Then I added seam allowance, I added an inch so we'd have wiggle room for the next fitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment