Description

Mi's oft geeky sewing blog

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Bath Museum of Costume - Part One

In Bath, I went to The Museum of Costume, which is also the Assembly Rooms.

I took quite a few pictures, though not as many as I thought I did. The lighting indoors was very dim, to preserve the fabrics I’m sure. That, combined with the glass of the display cases and my none-too-steady hands, resulted in some shoddy pictures, alas. I still uploaded most of them to my flickr, but I’ll just post my favourites here.

IMG_0704

This is the oldest dress in their collection, from around 1660. It’s silk woven with silver threads. The picture by no means does it justice, it’s quite striking!

Historical dress, hurrah!

IMG_0715

Interesting collection of 17th Century shoes.

IMG_0724

E playing around with the dress up section.

IMG_0728

Interesting collection of 20-30s wear.

IMG_0735

A 60s dress I quite fancied.

IMG_0738

Look at those seam lines!

IMG_0744

Close up on the bodice section of a teens dress.

IMG_0750

Close up on the bodice of a 2011 Alexander McQueen dress. Gorgeous.

Then we were in the Regency room!
I’ll… split this here. Since Regency is my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment