Description

Mi's oft geeky sewing blog

Friday, December 19, 2014

January Sewalong : Accessory Inspiration

So! January’s challenge, due January 31st, 2015 is:

An Accessory
 
I love this challenge because it’s soooo versatile.
I put together some inspirations to get my brain going!



10 Pretty Ruffle Scarf Tutorials!

Found on Babble via Pinterest, I actually like about half of these, and while I don't actually neeeeed anymore scarves... they do make great gifts!

There are actually lots of fun scarf tutorials, and many are grouped in convenient lists!

There's also adorable hair clips/brooches which count, I don't even wear either of those things but I want this:


Source: etsy.com via Mi on Pinterest


And I've seen some lovely pins of people who used fabric to make pretty origami hair clips.
I definitely think bags & clutches count as accessories!
I have boards on pinterest for those, because I love how quick a project they are in general:
Sewy Things - Wallets/Clutches
Sewy Things - Bags
 
I'm still undecided about whether coats count as an accessory, but I guess it doesn't really matter for me because no way can I bust one out by January's end.

But hats! Hats definitely count!




I'm hoping to actually have another hat party in Jan, so that would knock it out super quick!

What else... I've also seen things like glasses cases, checkbook covers, camera cases. All count!

Plus for those of us with a historical bend, it’s an opportunity to make something like… a matching reticule to a planned or existing outfit. Or perhaps a fashionable hat? I could definitely do with a Regency bonnet!
Actually... along those lines, I'm contemplating a set of detachable sleeves for my latest Regency dress.
The possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment