Description

Mi's oft geeky sewing blog

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

2015 Sewalong Challenge #4 Inspiration - Something For The Home

So the last Sewalong Challenge was for two months, March and April, to allow time to make a full vintage outfit. I skipped that one to make the wedding dress (which, btw, finished! Only 2 days later than my hoped for finishing date), but back to it now!

This month the challenge is "Something For The Home." I have some ideas that are way outside my time frame, and I have some ideas that require me to have actual furniture first (that's the plan for the summer! ... Hopefully), but realistically I'm going to have to stick to small things!

First up for me is resuable makeup pads!



Hopefully super fast and easy, I can use scraps, and will be perfect for the post-facewash toner. I've been using witch hazel because I read to, but I can't tell if it's made any difference because I never really looked at my face before using it to know XD Whoops.

More ideas under the cut!





I've been meaning to do "unpaper towels" for awhile now, I even bought a big snap set to use on them. But I already use kitchen towels and cloth napkins all the time, so at this point these would be more for the cuteness factor.

Plus the more I thought about it the more setting it up with all those snaps after every wash seemed like a pain, more of a pain than reaching into a drawer and grabbing the closest dishtowel. But I saw someone's blog (which I can't find now, sorry) who instead of setting them up in the paper towel roll they put a button hole on one side and hung them on a hook. So I may do that!



Technically I don't have a swiffer, I have a sponge mop, but I think I can use the same principle and sort of... make it swiffer like. And I could use some of those snaps I bought here!




I don't know if I'll get to something like this, but I'm all for DIY things that save me money & use up scraps.




More ideas, not sure if this would actually be useful for me, I don't think I've plasticwrapped a bowl in the last 6 months.

I think I'm also going to try to make a... I don't know what it's called. Door draft blocker? There's a door to the bathroom in my room and if the light is on in there it's quite bright. It doesn't bother me if I'm already asleep, but if someone goes in while I'm drifting off it wakes me right up.

Anyway! I'm sure there are loads more home crafts people can come up with, but those are mostly what's on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment