Description

Mi's oft geeky sewing blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

2015 Sewalong update

Since I've been spectacularly lax about this (okay I have been really busy, but I feel like these things are simple enough I should have been able to get them done), I thought I'd do a quick catch all update with the things I should have made haha.

Reminder that we put two months for the something vintage challenge (which I skipped), so the numbers don't align w/ the months anymore.

#5 - June : Something for your Sewing Table

This one is particularly sad that I didn't do anything for, 'cause a pincushion can be really simple. And also because these are the two things I had wanted to do (which I'd still like to do before the year is out):

From the I Can Find the Time blog.
Think it's sad I didn't... find the time to do that?
Here's the other thing:

I have a kit to make that, minimal effort! It's not that exact kit, but that image is for a pattern from Pattern Pile.

#6 - July: Refashion an Existing Item in Your Wardrobe

I have a piiiiile of clothes just waiting for this. And I have ideas for half of them!
Since it's refashioning, I can't really find pics to show my intention, but you can take my word for it they'll be cool when I get around to it.

#7 - August: Finish a WIP (Work in Progress)

I reeeeeally wanted this to be my quilt! I've been working on it off and on for over a year now, but in such small chunks it hasn't seemed worth posting about. But I don't feel it's anywhere near close enough to finish in August. So it's actually possible my WIPs will be those challenge #6 items! 'Cause like I said, I have a pile of clothes for just that purpose.
I also have a velvet blazer I started 5 years ago or so, before I really realized the different properties of velvet. And a long jacket I started probably around the same time which is sliiiightly more likely to get finished (since it's further along).

So we'll see!
Hopefully I'll start taking pictures again soon.
Costume College this weekend, so I've been cramming.

No comments:

Post a Comment