Description

Mi's oft geeky sewing blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Gramma’s quilts!

I keep meaning to post these. Soooo, my gramma quilts, as you may know. Most of my crafty projects are made from scraps of those quilts.

Anyway, I’m trying to take pics of all her quilts, well, it’s far too late to catch them all but at the very least going forward!

IMG_3828

Here are some quilts and quilt top pics I took in January when visiting. She’s been working on some since then, but they’re not done yet. I’m really hoping she didn’t send off a particular quilt already, so I can take pics on Sat!


IMG_3827


This is a top she’s had around for a bit now, a year? She’s not sure what she wants to do with it, so isn’t in any rush to do the quilting.

IMG_3830

This is a fussy cutting technique I forget the name of, here it’s just four squares but I have one with more.

IMG_3829

Those, and the starting image, were my favourite squares.

IMG_3822

Another southwest print top, she really likes that motif.
Obviously I have no clue how to take a good quilt pic, but I’ll be getting some good practice in!

IMG_3824

Detaaaail, that black crackly looking fabric has made a few appearances as the underside of my lady bug hotpads 8D

IMG_3815

This was a “block of the month” quilt she did with no real purpose, so it was claimed by a relative.

IMG_3816

I think she still has the pattern, or I hope so anyway ‘cause I quite like some of these blocks.

IMG_3817

I reeeeally like the “sky” fabric, so I took home the leftovers of that… and now I have to think of something to use it on!

IMG_3818

I think she was telling me all these blocks have names, but I don’t know them 8D

IMG_3819

Sometimes I’m not sure if it’s the pattern I like, or the fabric 8D;;

IMG_3820

I think this is probably a pretty standard pattern? But I like it.

IMG_3821

Iris! I like Irises, not totally sold on this design though.

IMG_4300

Baby quilt for a family friend!
I think the animals are a bit… freaky. But it’s not for me so, hopefully they thought it was cute.

IMG_4303

I do like this style of pinwheel though!

IMG_3834

This was a really big quilt, and I couldn’t find any space to lay it completely out. Also I didn’t feel like ironing it.

IMG_3833

This was another block of the month project.

IMG_3835

I’m not super fond of civil war prints, but these were my favourite blocks and patterns (conveniently located together for easy picture taking XD)

IMG_3808

My gramma!
And a quilt 8D
Well, a top.
This one is for my mum, who likes this pattern.

IMG_3807

My gramma kept saying it was a secret for her birthday (in July), so I’ve known about it for months and not said anything but I was really excited ‘cause it’s so pretty and I think she’ll really like it. Well then my mom visits in… March or April, and she tells her. And when I said “you told me it was a surprise!” she said… “Oh yeah! I forgot.”

IMG_3809

Anyway, I took all of these scraps home.

So normally she quilts them herself, but she wanted a certain pattern for that quilt so sent it off. I thiiiink she’s got it back now, and has to do the binding. I remember she said the binding will be a pain, and since she sometimes has me do that part… I won’t at all be surprised if that’s what my next visit turns into 8D<

No comments:

Post a Comment